Friday 1 December 2023

About my teaching experience

 

Hi there,

  I am Durdona who is an English teacher at both public school and university parallelly after graduating from university. I started my career a year before but I have so much to share with you…

 Last year graduating from pedagogical university I decided to continue my education and accepted to the master’s degree program at two universities. They are both the most popular and prominent universities in Uzbekistan, but one is international which is WIUT another one is public university. Once I started my education in another city, I realized that I needed job as air. Then I searched for job from so many educational organizations, such as private schools, universities and also public schools. However, the majority of them didn’t want to hire me as I was a student. But one day my teacher at university announced English teacher vacancy at our university and I applied for the job and I got hired after interview.  




  I started my job as an English teacher and taught the students who are almost my age. I was inexperienced and I had no idea how to engage students to the lesson, how to organize the class or how to interact with them. Often times students didn’t pay attention to the class, they just used mobile phones and etc. Then I started to work on myself and watched online videos about teaching and engaging students. Moreover, my studies at WIUT started which is something that urged me to change as a teacher. I took two modules in the first semester. Support Students’ Learning (SSL) had great impact on my experience. I use to be always strict and wanted to keep the border between my students but it was wrong. I had never thought about students’ interests, their learning styles and there were so many things that I had never heard of and had not taken in to consideration before. During the sessions I learned new thing and implemented them in my teaching.



  I started to ask questions from students about their daily life, hobbies, interests and commented on them which helped me to build rapport with them. Once they knew me the atmosphere in the classroom changed into positive vibes. Furthermore, I tried to make the activities that were related to their sphere. For instance, as I taught in the economy faculty, I created flashcards about banking tom learn new vocabulary or even if I want them to prepare role play the context should be in the bank. They started to change their opinion to the lesson and became enthusiastic.

  Students’ interests are the most important thing in the class that make the learning environment vivid and interesting, productive)))

 

So, how is your experience? Feel free to share on the comments below))

1 comment:

  1. Agree with your point of view, Students' curiosity is a main key factor for providing productive outcomes. I always feel free and working will be really enjoyable for me in an engaging atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete

Video (studystack.com)

In this video, I demonstrate how to use studystuck.com, a practical tool for both online and traditional classrooms. I guide you through the...